I Forge Iron

Peter Wright face plate

ok guys, yes yes my anvil is vary usable as is and i already use it alot. i understand the possibility of further damaging the anvil by welding. i have some exsperance welding anvils and lots of experance welding high carbon and low carbon steel. my anvil is a peter wright 500lber, broken at the hardy hole, almost flush with the start of the hole. i plan on making a heel as best as possible to match what use to be there. if i can ill use wrought iron, but have little hope of obtaining such a large piece. so im probably going to use mild steel. i plan to make the matching back end and electrically weld the mild steel to the tool steel face, beveled all the way for 100% penetration. after this is done i will cut the block to form the missing part of the party hole, then also beveling the made piece, weld this to the anvil, thus completing the anvil. my question is what would be the best match for the tool steel face on a peter wright.
i have pictures under my gallery and i posted them on show me your anvil.

Like always thanks for the help guys