I Forge Iron

Greetings....

Meisenmann

Hi everybody!

I thought at least a little Introduction of my person would be the a matter of politeness after littering the forum with my posts...

I am 23 years old and live in Germany. I always wanted to forge since the first time I watched Conan the barbarian with its intro scenewhen I was young. Well, of course I know today that it really wasn't a correct represantation of correctly forging a blade, but the movie was cool anyway (even if I like the books more....but that is a diferent topic ^^).

I have no real job, well not yet anyway. I am studying Medicine in my third year, there are still 4 years to go (in the german system). I have acquired or improvised the tools in the past half year (even got a good anvil), now I have holidays and will divide the spare time between hobbies and "working at the hospital".

To cut a long speech short: Hello!

I am lurking for half a year, I really like the forum for good advice and interesting posts :-)

English is fine with me :cool: Otherwise I would be in the wrong place here I guess...

Your post would translate as:

>Welcome to Iforge. You will find a wealth of info here to answer all your >questions you may happen upon. I would say all this in German, except my 4 >years of schooling in the language has been 26+ years ago and have had no >one to use it with. So it is pretty much lost.

Willkommen bei Iforge! Du wirst hier einen Reichtum an Infos vorfinden, der all deine Fragen, auf die du sto

No no, I formulated my sentence wrong and made myself misunderstood. I meant it is horrible to learn if it is not one's mother language. I considered its grammar for example...

As far as I know as much as one third of the US citizens have some german roots. At least that was said in a documentary I saw a week ago about the migration of germans to the US during the last 5 centuries. I was really surprised when I heard that.