I Forge Iron

Custom Hog Hunter

Just finished up and delivered this Hog Hunter knife. 

8" blade, long enough to pierce vitals, and a full length semi sharpened back edge to assist with piercing the thick hide.  (Customer is providing the brass balls needed to take on a wild hog that up close and personal). 

Blade is handforged 80Crv2, with an electro-etched boars head on the polished bevel.

Handle is stabilized maple, with a blued steel guard, and red fiber spacers.  

I stippled a portion of the handle for extra grip, and added a lanyard tube/lanyard for knife retention. 

50149175876_1b51188c7e_c.jpg

50149176041_835ea95825_c.jpg

50148631443_5d9b469ab5_c.jpg

50149411782_72751c633f_c.jpg

50149174726_c2916f20be_c.jpg

Nice; but may I ask you not sell any to Arkansas Razorback fans as they are quite feisty enough just with their Hog Hats!

433_UAN1861_1.jpg

My Father, my Uncle and I, all have graduated from the University of Arkansas so we are quite familiar with such doings! (On the other hand I prefer the hog to the Buckeye of my second BS degree from *the* Ohio State University...)

2 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

Nice; but may I ask you not sell any to Arkansas Razorback fans as they are quite feisty enough just with their Hog Hats!

433_UAN1861_1.jpg

My Father, my Uncle and I, all have graduated from the University of Arkansas so we are quite familiar with such doings! (On the other hand I prefer the hog to the Buckeye of my second BS degree from *the* Ohio State University...)

See, this just shows how out of the loop I am with sports :lol: (which I never watch or follow).  I never once thought about how much that graphic looked similar to the razorbacks logo. But the first look my mom took at it when she saw I was working on it, she said something about the Razorbacks. 

Didn't even cross my mind, hahaha.    Customer just said he wanted a boar etched on it if I could.  Ah well, lol.