I Forge Iron

ABANA Event 7-19-2008

Location: Yesteryear Forge 15421 Five Forks Rd. Amelia VA 23002 Time: 9am-4pm Lunch: Provided with $5.00 Donation

Date: July 19th 2008

Demonstrator: Doug Merkel
Topic: Doug will be doing a very special demonstration in honor of the late Doug "DR. Iron" Henderickson. The demonstration will be Fry pans, forks, ladles, choppers, etc. as Mr. Henderickson used to demo. He lost his life to a prolonged battle to ALS but never lost his love or passion for blacksmithing and his students. Doug Merkel will be keeping his spirit alive at the anvil where he knew "Dr. Iron" would always want to be remembered.

There will be an area for tailgaters to come and set up!

Also there will be a huge IRON IN THE HAT with all proceeds going back to help ABANA fund the upcoming 2010 Conference.

This is FREE to attend and enjoy the day with us. We do ask that you strongly consider participating in the Iron in the Hat not only for the funding, but to keep the tradition going of sharing tools, forged items, and other useful things around the shop!

Tom Clark contacted me to let me know the following:

"I am sending you two pair of Tom Tongs and a hot cut hardie, this is a true hot cut (most hot cuts available are actually cold cutters) made of 5160 and the cutting edge is heat treated..." for our Iron in the Hat!

There will also be at least 3 Board Members there for you to talk to and ask any questions....

This is not limited to ABANA members, or any guild. If you have an interest then you are MORE than welcome to come and be a part of such a special demonstration and day of great fellowship!

If anyone would like to send in anything for the Iron in the Hat here is the guild office address:
Blacksmith Guild of Virginia
309 Second Avenue
Farmville Virginia 23901

I certainly hope to see you all there!

PLEASE RSVP HERE OR BY PM OR EMAIL OR PHONE! WE NEED A HEAD COUNT FOR LUNCH ASAP!!

Peyton
president@blacksmithguildofva.com