I Forge Iron

Hello from Gloucestershire, UK!

StevyyR

Good morning everyone!

I've been reading posts on here over the past few weeks so thought I'd actually setup an account ready for when I will no doubt be asking tonnes of questions!

From Tewkesbury in the UK so if there is anyone in the Worcestershire/Gloucestershire area on here, please do make yourself known! Would relish having an experianced bladesmither nearby for some advice now and again.

So far I've only ever made a couple of knives from blanks which turned out OK but they lack the feeling of being 'made' and cheating... Hence wanting to start from scratch and get some experiance forging. In about a months time I'm going to be going to a localish forge for a 2-day experiance to make my first forged knife, so wish me luck!

On a side note, if there is anyone reading this from the UK, where is the best place to source some damascus billets that could be forged and shaped rather than the ones on eBay which are just blanks to cut?

Steve.