I Forge Iron

demo went well

Earlier this month, I posted asking for pointers/info/warnings on giving a smithing demonstration. I gave the demonstration this morning, and I'm happy to report that it went very well. I only had them for about an hour and a half, so I didn't get as much done as planned, but I think they all got into it and really enjoyed seeing some forging.

Thanks for the tips.

Good for you metalliferous , but only a hour an a half???? Thats a life time for a demo.

Iv been doing demos for 3rd 4th and 5th graders at a museum and I get 10 minutes with them. You want a tip, If you cant captivate a 4th grader in 10 minutes then you wont in 90 minutes ;)

chyancarrek, I do look forward to demoing again, but I'm not sure when I can do it.

bipolarandy: Fortunately for me, these weren't fourth graders, they were twelfth graders. The idea of demonstrating to elementary school kids isn't terribly appealing to me, but good on you for pulling it off.