I Forge Iron

striders

shaun

yeah i really should get some books on the matter, there is much i do not know, but if you aren't familiar with strider knives go to striderknives, they are amazing blades, you can also see destruction tests on you tube and man o man they can take a ridiculous amount of punishment, thank you for the return post also

Hey Shaun.

It's hard to explain this without putting Striders down.. I have no problem with Striders at all.. I've worked with probably closer to a couple of hundred of them..I have no ill will against them...

With that being said..

The only thing that makes them different is the Heat Treat...

ATS34 is ATS34.

If Busse Combat and Strider Knives both used the same steel, the same CNC program to grind their blades, everything exactly the same the only thing that would set them apart is the Heat Treatment on the blades...

Strider knives are so tough because they've tweaked the Heat Treat to get optimal performance out of their blades. They are very thick knives that do their job well...

There are some people that say that Busse's proprietary steel "INFI" is one of the toughest Steels going, which I tend to agree with. I have somwhere in the range of 18 Busses with either INFI or Modified INFI and I will say they are some of the toughest blades that I own...

Keeping in mind that they are also some of the thickest knives that I own...

ttyle

Eric
O/ST

yeah good point, they are verry thick blades that must be part of the reason they are so strong, also i was looking at a busse combat destruction test earlier, i think it was one called the busse combat battle mistress, man they made that thing cut through 5mm metal pipe, pounded it through bricks and rocks and in the end, the busse had barely any damage at all, i would love to own one but they are just a bit out of my price range, same with striders, w/e thanks for the reply, ttyl