I Forge Iron

Hollandse Markt (Dutch market) Kempton Park 1st May 2008

Wim

On the 1st of May, a holiday in South Africa, The Oranjehof Old Age Home in Kempton Park, Gauteng, South Africa is hosting once again its Dutch Flea Market, with all kinds of Dutch delicacies to enjoy, beer to drink, and all kinds of people sell or exibit their homecraft work.

As during the last year market, I will give a demo on the great art of blacksmithing, at least show the little bit I have mastered in the last 2 years.
I can do with some hands, my forge can accomodate 3 smiths, if we bring a few anvils, it 'll be more fun than sweating on my own. Get your wife and kids involved, make some fudge or cake to sell on the side line. Offcourse you can bring forged stuff to sell as well.

If you're interested post a reply here, with some ideas on how you can contribute. I will announce more info, and give a route description within the next two weeks.
Wim.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody, here is how to get there.

From all direction you travel towards OR Tambo International airport. From Pretoria (you are on the R21 south), before the airport you take Atlas Road turn-off, from the south you pass the airport and Kempton Park, and take the Atlasroad turnoff.
When you reach the first robot you turn left to Benoni, next robot turn right towards Benoni.
Skip one robot, second robot turn Right into Ascolana Drive, Oranjehof Old age home is on your lefthand side, the second plot. Follow instructions of the Parking attendants, once you've parked, follow the smell and smoke of burning coal.
See you there, bring a hammer :) and safety glasses !!!! :cool:
Wim.
If you can't find it give me a call on 083 263 7325