I Forge Iron

Help identifying item

In this picture, the item centered in the photo is one of several items that a lady wants to get rid of. It will be a bulk buy. Father was a blacksmith, metal worker according to her. All the items in the photo will be part of the sale. I have several more photos that she is suspose to send. Just curious if you can help me with description, approximate weight, etc.
Thanks,
Bryan

5706.attach

From what i can see of it, I agree, it looks like an electric punch press, good for fast repeatable operations, not so hot for general forging because it needs to run the full stroke length with every rotation (That's when you'd want to get a fly press instead)

This lead is in Southern California. A long trip from LA. THe lady should be sending me some more photos when she gets the time. Just trying to determine if it is worth the trouble. Thanks for all the responses. If I decide that it is not going to be cost effective for me, I will spread the word on how to contact her. And of course I plan on posting the pics she sends me.
Thanks

Punch presses can be very handy for repetitive stamping. Take a look at the tables featured on sandersoniron.com. All the stamped borders are done with a punch press simialar to the one shown, though the flywheel on the press used for the tables is mounted in the rear.

Patrick