I Forge Iron

Camp 18 Hammer in / swap meet - Seaside Oregon

Hello all, 

Still pretty new to this site and I wanted to let you know about a hammer in I found out about when this weekend by chance while visiting the beach this weekend with my wife.  I met a blacksmith by the name of Herman Doty who has a shop/store in Rockaway Beach, Oregon called 'Washed Ashore Arts and Crafts'.  I had no idea such places like this even existed- anyways I chatted with Herman and he encouraged me to come to this hammer in at Camp 18 off hwy 26 (on your way to/from the beach).  I couldn't remember all the details but looked it up when I got home and their website is a bit lacking however the facebook page has lots of pics of the shop and details on the hammer in.  https://www.facebook.com/washedashoreacm/home  Here are the details in case you cant/wont/ use facebook:  

You are invited and welcome to come to our 1st Annual
Blacksmith HAMMER IN and Antique Tool Swap/Show

Bring your equipment, tools, and projects to work amongst fellow blacksmiths, or simply come and watch. We will be able to collaborate, visit, and learn from each other during this fun HAMMER IN event. Or, bring your antique tools to display or sell.

This event is FREE!

When: August 27th and August 28th
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Where: Blacksmith Shop at Camp 18 
(on Highway 26, Mile Post 18, between Seaside and Portland)

If interested or you have questions, please contact Herman Doty, 
503-990-4134, or Mark Standley, 503-434-0148, for more information

Also here is a video I found online of this (as Herman tells it) new blacksmith shop that has been setup at Camp 18.  

I don't  know if I can make it yet but I wanted to make sure that people on here from the Oregon Washington areas got word of this as I don't see many references to it online.

Thanks for spreading the word

WaterTower.jpg