I Forge Iron

wall sconce

Mark Ling

So I started this project a few days ago and just finished it, it was my biggest blacksmithing project yet. Its a wall sconce made from 1/2 inch round stock and the piece that actually hold the candle is made from a lawn mower blade, and everything was then riveted together with a 3/8 inch rivet. The top wall mounting bracket has a forge welded branch and has been textured. It took three try's at riveting it together, and four candle holder plates, to get were I wanted it to be.I was inspired to make this by Alec Steele, after I saw his live stream. I apologize for the bad photos, I'm not much of a camera man.

Littleblacksmith

IMG_4678[1].JPG

IMG_4679[1].JPG

IMG_4680[1].JPG

IMG_4681[1].JPG

IMG_4682[1].JPG

That looks pretty darned good Little. I have to assume it's intended for tea light candle not having a pointy pin in the center. You might want to bend the corners up a little more in the next one or make a more defined depression. You don't want YOUR sconce associated with a house fire. Bad marketing, Bad, BAD marketing. For this one put a thin swipe of clear silicone calking on the surface and wipe it smooth. It makes a marvelous non-skid surface, all you need is a very thin swipe to do the job.

How's it look hanging on a wall?

Frosty The Lucky.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I have to assume it's intended for tea light candle not having a pointy pin in the center

I guess I hadn't thought of the obvious.... so yeah probably only for tea lights.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

For this one put a thin swipe of clear silicone calking on the surface and wipe it smooth. It makes a marvelous non-skid surface, all you need is a very thin swipe to do the job.

Great idea! but I guess your full of them. Maybe if I stick around a bit, ill start coming up with my own.:blink:

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

How's it look hanging on a wall?

I actually haven't screwed it on, although I have held it up to the wall and it seemed to sit pretty flat.

Littleblacksmith