I Forge Iron

New Blacksmith Shop Ideas

Just got back from Vacation. Lots to read over :)

On 7/12/2016 at 9:56 AM, Bo T said:

I checked CL and found a number of carports for sale. You could mount it on skids (non permanent) and use tarps to shield the sides.

I was actually thinking about this as well. We are keeping an eye out for Shed Packages that go for cheap, used ones and such. Seeing if we can get a good bargain considering it'll be cut up a little for ventilation and such, so it doesn't have to be perfect :D

On 7/11/2016 at 3:56 AM, BIGGUNDOCTOR said:

Look into rammed earth, earth berm, straw bale construction. Another option would be a shipping container, they make them as small as 8'x8'.

I am going to look into this. I know someone in Alberta that sells converted containers. (They convert them to workshops)

On 7/8/2016 at 7:11 PM, notownkid said:

an original shop in CT with wooden floors.  It was built 1870-1880 time frame and was used until late 1950.  Frame in picture is shoeing stocks that swing out from the wall

stone forge with wooden floor all the way around it. 

100_5674.JPG

100_5673.JPG

Ok now THAT is cool. I see the posts about treating the wood. I will def. consider this.