I Forge Iron

Propane regulator problem

Rberry1911

I recently noticed my regulator leaking from the back screw i took it off and replaced the o-ring and stopped the leaked but now when i turn on the gas the needle on the pressure gauge spins all the way around.... Just wondering what could be causing this?

26 minutes ago, Rberry1911 said:

I recently noticed my regulator leaking from the back screw i took it off and replaced the o-ring and stopped the leaked but now when i turn on the gas the needle on the pressure gauge spins all the way around.... Just wondering what could be causing this?

Take it off the tank and replace it. It's worn out is what's causing it. This IS a propane regulator and not an acet regulator on a propane tank yes? If it's not rated for propane it's a serious fire hazard take it off soonest.

Frosty The Lucky.

It's worn out, replace it. You could take it to the shop and have it repaired but buying a new one is cheaper, faster and you'll have a new regulator. For a few bucks it just isn't worth trying to fix the things. If it leaks it's failed, DEAD.

Frosty The Lucky.

44 minutes ago, Rberry1911 said:

Alrighty thanks

You're welcome. Propane problems are good things to ask about, the stuff can be dangerous. I don't have so many friends I can afford to lose one if I can help it.

Frosty The Lucky.