I Forge Iron

Franklin Anvil?

My uncle found a anvil in my great grandfather's old shed that he recently tore down, he is sending it to me after Christmas and I am trying to figure out who made it. He told me that Franklin is stamped on it, but I cannot find any info on a "Franklin" anvil. I live in Alaska and he lives in Wisconsin he is not up on technology and I can't get a picture of it. Any ideas? He said it is around 100#. 

Welcome aboard Atomizer glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised there are folk in Alaska within visiting distance.

So where in Alaska ARE you? I'm in Wasilla about 50 mi. north of Anchorage. Our next meeting is 01/23/15 in Palmer. Time, directions, etc. are posted in the Alaska Association section near the bottom of the Iforge front page. PM me for specifics.

Oh the anvil, sorry not a clue. If we haven't heard something about by time it gets here we can maybe do some basic testing and get an idea what it's utility as a tool is. Weight, rebound, general condition, etc. the basics.

Frosty The Lucky.

Sounds good, post some pics when it gets here. Someone will know what it is if it's a large enough maker to show up in catalogs, etc.

How familiar are you with Farm loop rd? Take inner Farm loop till it hits the T intersection, turn left. Arctic Fires Bronze is about 1/2 mile on your left, there's a sign off the road a bit.  Meetings start around 9:00 +/- and last till folk leave or Pat says "see ya." Meetings are open and there are usually a few stations. I don't know what the demo is but someone will demo something. Lunch is potluck. club business usually happens after or near lunch. Everything else is pretty much open.

Frosty The Lucky.