I Forge Iron

First Post. Knife made years ago

Duckwalk

Well first post here on IFI and i thought id post a picture of a knife i made a while back. This is the knife i am most proud of. The shape made it a bit difficult to heat treat and temper properly. Seems softer around the tip and the bevel areas. Would love to hear some feed back. I am getting my forge tomorrow but still in the hunt for ANYTHING usable to pound on. Im very excited to restart this in my life. I had to sell everything i had made tool wise along with my forge and anvil as i was out of a job and needed money quick for mortgage payments.

Rage.jpg

This particular blade was a section of leaf spring from an older Nissan truck. unfortunately, this knife was also sold as a result of lack of income. Got a nice job now and i cant wait to get back to it! The handle was just some scrap wood i had laying around. cut the block in half, scorched it then put it on the polishing wheel. turned out rather nice.