I Forge Iron

What's up guys!

Mark 1991

what's up guys my name is mark . haven't started smiting yet but I'm putting one foot in front of the other so hopefully I can get started soon. just got done building my first charcoal forge (hope it works lol) um not good at introducing my self so yeah lol. oh and I'm from Joliet IL so if any one around there who would like to help some one new give me a shout out.

what's up guys my name is mark . haven't started smiting yet but I'm putting one foot in front of the other so hopefully I can get started soon. just got done building my first charcoal forge (hope it works lol) um not good at introducing my self so yeah lol. oh and I'm from Joliet IL so if any one around there who would like to help some one new give me a shout out.

Welcome its great to have you. Hey I live next to Effingham IL you live some what near a town called Pontiac IL at there threshmens park they have a hammerin and beginning classes in June check out there website Illinois Valley Blacksmiths Association  or  IVBA there all nice people also there's another blacksmith in Charleston IL cant remember her name and she would be glad to help you. There are blacksmiths even closer than you think

Nick O

Edited by Nick O

Mark,

I'm about halfway between you and Nick.  I went to Threshmens park for an Upper Midwest Blacksmith Association event a few weeks ago.  Haven't been to a hammer in there, but had a good time the day I could spend on it.  It's about 50 miles from you - exit 201 on I55.  If you decide to burn coal you can get smithing coal in Streator (also about 50 - 60 miles from you) at Missal Farmers Grain Co.

Let me know if you make it anywhere near the Peoria area.

Mark,

I'm about halfway between you and Nick.  I went to Threshmens park for an Upper Midwest Blacksmith Association event a few weeks ago.  Haven't been to a hammer in there, but had a good time the day I could spend on it.  It's about 50 miles from you - exit 201 on I55.  If you decide to burn coal you can get smithing coal in Streator (also about 50 - 60 miles from you) at Missal Farmers Grain Co.

Let me know if you make it anywhere near the Peoria area.

cool I was up at UMBA to also you might know Bud Harvey I'm pretty Shure he lives in Peoria