I Forge Iron

Just the latest on Ralph

Ralph

Ralph is doing well. In fact other than my right shoulder/arm area I feel pretty good. Cancer in the brain but so far it is on a cellular level and so is not detectable. How do I know? After they removed the clot in my brain a few ( 13 to be exact) random tissue samples of brain were removed and biopsied.

Only one had melanoma in it. The cancer was all the way to the edge of the sample so that means that some cancer is still lurking. My oncologist here is talking woth the Docs at MD Anderson to develop a plan for me. Chemo for sure, all in pill form, but it may have one or more different chemical types.

Most likely more surgery to remove the cancer that is known. But since they can not see it I am not sure how this will be done. I suppose a few samples and a quick pathology then removeal of bad tissue.

BUT, I repeat all if good so far. Also Nathan our son got home last night.
He is here on emergency leave and is supposed to attempt to get re-assigned to this area. If so we understand that most likely he will get a discharge sometime next year ( compassionate discharge I think) Be nice to not have to worry about him in Afghanistan. Tho we will worry about his friends who will be there.

Ralph