I Forge Iron

Champion Blower and Forge #2, 125 lb. ram on ebay w/ video

Wow you are a Master Curmudgeon Thomas! Thanks for looking on the bright side lol!  The good thing about the hammer is that it doesn't need repairing because there are so few moving parts due to its vastly superior, simple yet elegant design!  :D  And those few parts could be easily fabricated if need be....  We'll just see what the value of it turns out to be...

Yes I am interested to see how it sells as well. I have 2 champion #1's and the repair parts issues for non-LG hammers are, unfortunately, well known to me.

These tend to be using tools rather than "collectables" and so rarity is not generally a positive thing. Welders that are "off brands" tend to sell for a heavy discount compared to the same "sized" welder by Lincoln or Miller. Shoot even in Highschool I had a friend who had an old british car that there were only *4* listed as being in the USA; nothing special, ultra rare, and he had to arrange for people to raid junkyards in the UK and ship parts to him...

Sorry, I thought you were joking with me so I joked back..  :) 

I do think that with this simple design parts won't be much of an issue...  It has not needed them in close to 100 years.  Just not a lot to worry about on it if you keep it well greased and don't beat on the wedges and crack something.  I have used it nearly daily for the last 8 years with no issues other than one easily repaired leaf spring when I first got it...    

Yes and I would dearly love to have it in my shop; but unfortunately I wish to preserve my 30+ year marriage at this point and so cannot surprise my wife with *another* powerhammer, (would have made a spiffing anniversary present!...and then everyone could come the the estate sale...)