I Forge Iron

PH Tooling - Show me what you use ?

I have a yang # 33 running & a Champion #65 that's not running yet- also I can use 2 other PH  down the road

I am making die tooling that bolts to the die's of Yang #33 now & wondering what folks use daily ? or what a good tool would be to make / have ? 

I will post pics of what I have made so far & how to do it for the yang #33 when I get a chance

this Idea came from Peter Clark for this size hammer & others, you can do the same thing on any PH die set

I am also wondering what spring tools & hand tools would be good thing to make ?

@ this point have very few tools now

but I am on a PH tool fab thing now  LOL :)

Glen if you want to move this thread to tooling Ok but I think there should be a PH tooling sub category somewhere on the site - you're call  

gona have to edit for pics ?

for those that have a #33 Y  two make this die tool blank, what it is is a Rec-Tube 3/16 Tc - 2" X 3" X L of die

cut the bottom part of the tube off & you then have a channel or U piece drill a bolt hole in you're die & tube piece then weld any tooling from / shape on you want  

post-562-0-10446500-1399240593_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-83567400-1399240627_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-64050700-1399240653_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-08140000-1399240683_thumb.jpg

Here is a link to my system that I use on my Kuhn K0.   This system works well for me.  The link is:  

>     

Response #13

The system includes a number of fullering tools (not shown).   

The thing that strikes me about you Yang 33 is that the stroke is so reduced by the layers of tooling that it is hard to imagine that the forging power of the hammer  is not adversely affected.   If I were to use that hammer for QC tooling I would consider making modifications to the base dies to allow more stroke.  There is a limit of course because you should never allow the tup to bottom out on the down stroke.