I Forge Iron

New forge hood

So I decided to move my shop around after using it for about 1.5 years and seeing where I needed some improvements. I decided to build a full hood because I will be using my homemade pine charcoal instead of coal and I needed to shield the inside of the barn from the sparks that the charcoal generates. My son helped me get it tack welded together and set it up for a test fit. Here are a couple of pics.

post-280-0-48142200-1397090460_thumb.jpg

post-280-0-65764500-1397090494_thumb.jpg

Hi,

That's a nice looking hood and forge. Have you used it yet? It looks like it can work efficiently. 

Can you tell how high is the hood from the top of the forge? (Red line in the picture.)

post-48601-0-33258400-1397114034_thumb.j

Best wishes and have a good time by your renewed forge.

Gergely

Gergely, it's 24" I have not used the hood yet. I built the forge about 1.5 years ago and was using a side draft on it. I'm changing fuels and position in the shop so it bought the hood was necessary. I going to be using a 10" spiral pipe that I use do my side draft if it doesn't pull good ill bump it up to 12"