I Forge Iron

A few questions about fuel

My first question is in regard to alternative fuel sources. I have more or less ready acces to coal being that I live in Western PA but I am slightly consonered using it because of its adverse healthe effects, because it casuesa some harm to the envoiroment and finally I am sure it drives my neigbors nuts. I have considered using charcoal but due to its high cost in terms of moneyh to buy and time to produce I dont belive its is feasible. I have read about using corn on this forum which seems like an ideal sollution to all three of my concerns. However is it feasible to use on a semi regular basis and if so will my table forge equied with a centaur forge fire pot and hand cranked blower be good enougn for this fuel. Also how is it used in comparison to coal?
My second question IK have a mostly full 100 pound propane tank that has had the same fuel in it for the last 3 years, can I still use this for a propane forge or will the fuel need replaced

IMHO, coal is still the best for relatively small hot fires. The amount of trash you put in the air is neglible but I respect your decision if you go green - however, any burning fuel is somewhat deleterious to the environment.

I don't care for charcoal but it is traditional and will get hot enough to weld.

I cannot comment on corn.

Propane is very good for a multitude of tasks in the right forge and easy to find most anywhere, which is probably why it is so popular. Your fuel is fine - propane does not deteriorate in any reasonable time. There may be a bit of condensation in the bottom but the gas volatizes off the top of the liquid so that shouldn't pose a problem. I also use 25 gal tanks and am quite happy with their performance - the little 5 gallon tanks often won't feed a decent sized forge without freezing.