I Forge Iron

newbie looking for local smiths

hi everyone,

id like to give preliminary thanks to all who have posted over the years as I have gleaned much knowledge from your words. I made a few things in a high school shop class about a decade ago and my new girlfriend has pushed me to follow my dream of becoming a blacksmith (thanks babe). I live in st. jacob, illinois (about 20 miles from st. louis) and was wondering if there were any local blacksmiths who would be willing to spend some time at the forge/ help me with a hook up for coal as I've not had much luck with finding any. thanks in advance for any information. ~the Mad Rabbit

the thread was mildly helpful, but the ivba does most of its activities near chicago which is a 5 hour drive from where im at. and it seems like bam is mostly located in central missouri, about a 4 hour drive. I have limited transportation but I was thinking if there were some local st. louis area smiths we could get together for a hammer in or the like.
~The Mad Rabbit