I Forge Iron

my new little toy

matto

Ooooo....

Three speed leather belt flat gears, whale oil lubrication, I can't really make out the tool post, chuck,  or tailpost, but is that a foot crank shaft across the bottom? Whatever, I can't wait to see the restoration! That's the kind of equipment that lends itself to not only a practical let's-make-it-work restoration, but an aesthetic one too!

looking forward to seeing it reborn!

Albert

LOL  just about 3 weeks ago I watched the woodwrights shop on pbs web page and they had one all about one that looks very much like the one you have.  You might be interested in watching it.  Let me see if I can find it.  Its a fun video to watch.  :D  Looks like you have some fun ahead of you and lots of hard work. :D

http://video.pbs.org/video/2296983856

Nice, I've also got a treadle lathe standing in the back of the workshop. It has been cleaned and painted but I haven't got a tailstock.

I've decided to convert mine into a kitchen counter for my house, keeping all the working pieces intact and modifying the head into a foot powered mixer.

It will be a conversation piece if nothing else. :D