I Forge Iron

Looking for a work placement

Our school does a work experience week where we are supposed to go off and arrange placements to get first hand experience in the sort of career we want to peruse. I'm sure they'd rather stick me in an accountant's office somewhere in front of a computer but that's not what I want from my career!

I'm looking for someone who wouldn't mind me around for a week between the 24th – 28th June in the South East. I'm perfectly happy with sitting and watching you work which would be really helpful for me, just to watch the technique and learn what the day-to-day runnings of a forge is like. If you'd like to get me striking, even better! I've been forging for about 6 months now and have done some decent work, although nothing really worthy of note, and what I have done tends to be focused on the 'dark side' of blacksmithing, namely knives, axes and other blades! I have a forge at home so I could do 'homework' after each session if you don't mind taking part in that.

So if you're looking for someone to be a shop gofer for a week, or you don't mind me watching you work, I'd be thrilled to come along and lend a hand and hopefully learn a lot along the way!

Thanks,
Jake