I Forge Iron

Greetings from Colorado

Butterfield

Hello IFI,

I'm a new smith who has recently taken my first weekend class from David Norrie in Berthoud, CO (I highly recommend these classes). I live just south of Denver in Castle Rock and am also an avid woodturner. I first became interested in blacksmithing when I was a kid, my dad had a blacksmith friend and we used a lot of handmade camp cooking equipment at rendezvous.

I decided to take the class to learn how to make some traditional woodworking tools, and have become very interested in smithing as a craft on its own. Just thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself, I've been enjoying this site for a couple weeks now. Thanks, I look forward to getting involved with the local smithing group too- the Rocky Mountain Smiths.

Butterfield,  Welcome to IFI.  I'm also from Colorado.  I live on the western slope near Grand Junction.  I'm also interested in woodturning.  I've made almost all of my woodturning tools.  I've friended David on facebook he is truely an awesome smith.

Larry