I Forge Iron

New guy from Bowling Green Ky

BlackBooger

Hello Gentlemen!

I am fairly novice in the blacksmithing craft but I know my way around a smithy. I have built a few forges, I can square a round bar and round a square bar. I can make decent scrolls and I can forge weld rings. I am mostly interested in medieval art and tools. I would like to learn to craft those things to keep it alive.  A friend of mine told me about this rescource and I am happy to be a part of this community. I look forward to learning all I can from you guys. Lets hammer some steel!

Wecome to the site. I am in very Southern Indiana. The KBA is trying to re-organize, may have by now. The IBA is very active and has a very nice conference in Tipton Indiana in early June every year. There are also Sattalitte groups that meet all over Indiana, Our group is the Southern Indiana Meteroite Mashers and meets in different shops of our members the last Saturday of the Month. This months meeting on Jan 26th will be at Steve King's shop in Paoli In. The featured demonstration will be armour.