I Forge Iron

Faux Battle Axes for the grandsons

Grandsons were in from the east coast and wanted to "blacksmith" something cool. So without parental consent, we got busy. Blades were from a ag disc and the rest were scraps. Most of the work involved a plasma cutter and a tig but to them it was blacksmithing. Best part was the one-on-one with the boys....Oh, I forgot to mention the grizzly death of the watermelons lol

post-2552-0-53042000-1352590923_thumb.jp

post-2552-0-34271800-1352590996_thumb.jp

post-2552-0-86278800-1352591041_thumb.jp

Keith, you've done a fantastic job on those and I reckon the boys will treasure these for years, probably forever.
I made my daughter a sword out of a tire iron years ago when she wanted to go as a 'Pirate Queen' to a dress-up for school. The blade, tang and pommel where one piece with the cross guard welded on and the grip copper-wire wrapped. The scabbard was made from sheet metal with a steel ring to put a sash through.
When she left home in her late teens, I saw she'd packed the sword. Now in her twenty's, the sword hangs on her bedroom wall.....

(Samcro, when I said your spotter needed more cam-cream on his face, he didn't need to go to that extreme. Mate, that's priceless :lol: )