I Forge Iron

hi all

gustab

Welcome Jason.

There are several guilds here in Virginia that can help you along the way to learning the trade. The Blacksmith Guild of the Potomac is close to you. They are a great bunch of guys that have been around for a long time. There is also the Central Va Blacksmith Guild. Plus several others.

There is also The Blacksmith Guild of Virginia which I am lucky enough to be their representative. Our membership is free and we have a really fun time together. Check out our website: Blacksmith Guild of Viriginia - Home There is a membership form on the site...You may find some help over there too.

You are also welcome to come down to our meeting on May 19th in Amelia VA. It is about a 2 hour drive for you, and we will feed you too. It would be a great opportunity for you to meet some other smiths from all over the state. And also see an amazing demonstrator make a few things.

Jason you are more than welcome to come hang out at any time! Here is my email: president@blacksmithguildofva.com if you have any questions.

IFI is one of the best resources out there. This place has lots of answers, and is always open to new questions.

Welcome!
Peyton Anderson

Gustab,
Welcome to IFI.
It looks like you hit pay dirt to live that close to the "Blacksmith Guild of Virginia". You will be in good hands there. But keep your foot in the door of IFI.
I believe a person's level of interest will be the determining factor of how well they progress with the blacksmithing craft! The large amount of information that is now available is incredible.
I wish you the best. Be safe!
Old Rusty Ted