I Forge Iron

Forging Cooperage Tools

It has been awhile since I had an order for cooper's tools. Just forged these yesterday, a cooper's chamfer knife, a cooper's drawknife, and a cooper's ring driver. All three forged out of 1080 high carbon steel. Enjoy! I am adding these to my online catalogue.....forged several of each!

post-10332-0-76399600-1349558100_thumb.j

post-10332-0-85701300-1349558189_thumb.j

Nice looking tools Stewart. I have to ask where you get the handles for the draw knives. I can make them but if I could find a source it would make them cheaper

I bought several thousand of those handles from a company called "Coopersburg Handle Works", who may or may not still be in business, here in Pennsylvania.

Egad, I am editing this post because they are still in business!!! http://www.coopersburgsports.com/about-us They have been in bizness since 1791, and are one of the oldest companies in continuous operation in America!!!!

I have been dealing with coopersburg handle works for many years, but I was unaware that they had changed their name. The hickory handle on the ring driver pictured here is also made by coopersburg handle works. They are courteous, prompt, and their quality is nonpareil. Not to mention that they are reasonably priced!