I Forge Iron

Craft Fairs and booth fees

When my business was operating full steam, I didn't have to do any shows. Folks came to the Theme Park i worked at in droves. Over 2 million a year.

On occasion, I would meet an event promoter or some such person who was promoting their event at another site. They would tell me that, I really needed to go there and set up (I had a mobile op) because I would make lots o money- (yeah $$$) They would tell me a spot would cost only $600 and 25% commission, or some such fee.

I would tell them, I made that much in 2 hours at my own shop, and why would I need to go there? I would then propose to them that they could purchase my skills for that amount, and that I would keep all the sales and not have to pay any commission. That ususally ended all the fallderall with time wasting conversations.

I did, however have one persistent event promoter who agreed to my terms. I made a bunch o money, and got to meet one of my Hollywood idols Jack Palance at the event.