I Forge Iron

Kestrel with Grass Snake

Very cool! Wonderful details! How much time do you have in this?
Thanks for posting.

Mitch

Tell you what...have a guess how long it took. Im kinda interested in hearing how long folks think it takes purely for sales research and pricing my work
Thanks Ramsay

Since your last bird was posted 2 days ago, I will go with 2 days to assemble. How long you took to cut all the feathers I would bet you cut enough for several birds in one marathon session, and still have a bunch of feathers left.

So 3 days or 24 hours.

Phil

Well you're both not far out but done from scratch, everything cut for this one. I built the frame on Saturday morning, cut and added the wing feathers and filled in the frame to attach feathers and made and attached the talons. 6 hours
Monday cut all feathers and attached and formed beak. Made and fixed grass snake Made mounting 4 hours

This one going out for £1600 so real good profit if you can sell them . Im keeping my day job though.......

I did not know what a Kestrel was...not really sure yet. But if it looks like that really neat sculpture then it must be tough creature.

The feathers are neat too. Not too many...not too few...the amount that makes the bird look scrappy and fierce. When I grow up I want to be able to make objects a least half that good.

Congrats...and thank you for sharing.