I Forge Iron

Saying Hello

awemawson

Hi,

I'm Andrew Mawson, from Bromley in Kent, just outside London in the UK. I've been dabbling in all things mechanical for the last 30 years or so with a well equipped home metalwork shop (lathe, mill, grinders etc), and have been tinkering with smithing for a while, having a coke forge. I'm in the process of trying to move to a place where I can set up a larger shop (it's just a hobby - not commercial), and at just the wrong time I have the opportunity to get my hands on a Goliath 60 lb powerhammer - this should wait until after the move but they don't come along every day - and I reckon 'grab em when they pass' !

I found this forum in my search for background information on the Goliath, so if anyone knows links to information, things to look out for, setting up etc it would be much appreciated.

AWEM

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI. Sorry, don't know much about Goliath power hammers but of the strong belief that when given an opportunity to get one DO IT!! ;) I have a 25# Little Giant (running) and a project 50# LG. both for less than $1,000.00 but will have to spend a goodly sum to get the 50#er running SAFELY. Good luck in your move and once agin welcome.