I Forge Iron

Texas Noob

Ive been welding and metal working for over 10 years and finally decided to get into blacksmithing and forging. I love to make the metal into what i want and need and now its to the oldest kind of metal working but i expect to learn alot on here and by my own trial and errors. Im from north texas and i hope to find some people close to maybe learn from or just meet and see what kind of ideas everyone has. Now its off to start building my first forge!

Howdy from EAST TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! Check out this bunch www.ntxba.org it is the North Texas Blacksmith Assoc. and they meet every 2nd Sat. somewhere in the Dallas area. Also, if you don't mind a little drive, I'm just east of Longview--bout 2 hrs from you. There is also the Balcones Forge group in Central TEXAS www.balconesforge.org is their site and then Houston Area Blacksmith Assoc www.habairon.org is their site. The Saltfork Craftsmen & Artist Blacksmith Assoc. is the bunch up north...Oklahoma that is... www.saltforkcraftsmen.org is that site and they meet most every Sat. somewhere in the state. again, welcome!

Yea im a Fabricator and old car lover (pre 65) by heart and i figured that would be a good overall picture for me since im only radio friendly.... Thank you for all the advise and club websites that i will check out on my free time. My father shoed horses in his younger days and is really into this idea and is pushing me which i couldnt be more thankful for.