I Forge Iron

hand bellow and forge, what is it worth???

beth

Hi Beth, as I've been looking into getting a solid fuel forge lately I've been keeping a watch on ebay, these tend to sell for between £80-£200 depending on condition and depending on where they are in the country. I know that is a broad range, but i guess the value is all in the eye of the beholder, and in the mind of the seller!!

I always kick myself because shortly after I graduated I was offered one for £40 but I was just about to leave to go travelling for a year, and didn't have anywhere to store it, so I didn't buy it. Gutted!

Beth, that is a concertina belows and a side draft touyer in a heavy iron frame. It likely dates from the late19th century or early 20th century. If it is in good working order it should be worth £400 to a collector.

Beth, you have an opinion now. I have no idea the worth but I would jump on it simply because I
(WE) are not collectors. I would USE IT yes in a heartbeat simply because it appears to BE history. I have a colonial period anvil that I use from time to time at events. IF you buy it and don't want it, I'll take it off your hands.

thanks guys thats a range of prices ! ten hammers i wont buy it, i cant really at the moment although i agree it looks lovely bit of history - my friend just wanted me to ask you lot how much she should expect to sell it for . its a bit of a how long is a piece of string i realise, but i said i would ask. i always think something is only "worth" what somebody is prepared to pay for it...