I Forge Iron

Anyone here involved with the NHIG?

I'm just wondering if anyone on the forum are involved with the UK's National Heritage Ironwork Group?

I have a deep interest in heritage conservation & restoration, and am interested in what this group is doing. I think the standards they've been developing are terrific.

I'm curious if there is any way, besides checking the website periodically, to keep up to date on what they're doing. Is there a newsletter that one can subscribe to? Are any of the bursary program students keeping a blog about their experiences, etc.?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Neil

Hi Neil, if you contact their secretary on the website, they do send out occasional newsletters although most of the details and seminars seem to be aimed at getting people from outside blacksmithing educated into what the requirements are.

At the moment there are regional discussions going on in the UK with practicing blacksmiths to determine the Qualifications and training required for apprentice blacksmiths to give them the skills to work on Heritage Ironwork, more details on BlacksmithsGuild UK in the groups section of the forums

• 7 months later...