I Forge Iron

William Foster 232lb anvil - Ontario

Been a while since I have posted, but I ran across an ad for a William Foster anvil, date stamped 1842. They say the english weight is 208lbs, American weight is 232lbs. They are asking $500

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-art-collectibles-William-Foster-232-lb-anvil-1842-500-W0QQAdIdZ367684231

Still toying with the idea of buying it myself (first anvil), but if anyone else needs one feel free to beat me to the punch as I am not sure I can swing $500 right now.

That's a good price and it looks in fairly good shape. Not perfect but a good user. i would use it as is for a while then if you feel you need to clean it up a bit you can do it then. If you don't buy it I will buy it to resell.

If you want it, take it. I don't think I can swing the $500 right now with all the other projects I have on the go. I will just keep on keeping an eye out for another deal to come along. The wife wouldn't be too happy if I bought that before I finished some of the things I have been promising her.