I Forge Iron

The Phoenix and Tommas Troszak

Odd you should post this..only yesterday I was reading on another forum about this hammer and how & why the company had progressed thru some rough times as the owner responded to an attack on his company and his product...He did so in a very straightforward manner and laid out several issues I doubt I would have shared with the world... I tried to find his listed website without success and then noticed the thread was from 2008 I think... I assumed the company had ceased to operate... It's good to know that isn't the case... Thanks for the link.. I thought his response in that post was polite and precise... I wish him well.

Tom is still around but you cant buy one of his machines new currently What I was told is he has a govenment contract via his company RECIPRODYNE and is not building any hammers to be sold...

That may be so but his Youtube channel is active again and that says to me that he is looking for new sales. I would pick the phoenix over all other pneumatic hammers up for sale now.

I really like the guy now ! After visiting his various sites it seems he built a Reverse Trike almost exactly like the one I'm collecting parts & pieces for to build... Anyone that can appreciate anything that off the wall gets my vote...LOL

Those hammers are huge,,,,, 6" plate steel body ...don't suppose there is much flex.

Im sure his hammers are good, but I find some of his marketing a joke.

http://phoenixhammer.com/castfever.htm

The day he can show me a 3000 lb phoenix that has given trouble free service forging aerospace alloys for 16 hours a day, for 50 years (as I can cite many examples of hammers manufactured by my company) I will accept his statements that Massey hammers are inferior to a machine made from a piece of flame cut plate.

Whilst I am obviously biased towards Massey hammers, the same holds true for Nazel, A&O and all the other Industrial hammer manufacturers globally.