I Forge Iron

Repairing an old Mule Plow

Well my friend who acts as a striker for me sometimes found 6 old mule plows and we started with the repairs on them he wants them all in working order this is the first one we repaired it is totally done we had to make the crossbar for the handles everything else is original except the handles and bolts we did a lot of straightening on the bars. I hope you like the pictures.

Tim

post-22976-0-71448600-1328031580_thumb.j

post-22976-0-14098300-1328031590_thumb.j

post-22976-0-75526000-1328031606_thumb.j

post-22976-0-93345900-1328031620_thumb.j

post-22976-0-89186200-1328031628_thumb.j

post-22976-0-52267600-1328031636_thumb.j

Are they being restored for display (if so, why the modern fasteners) or for use in a historic village setting, or for private food plots?

Very nice looking. It would be nice if you can photograph the individual pieces against a clean background (drop cloth) with something for size. You say you have 6 to do, so you can point out the differences as well, or if they are near identical.

Thank you for taking the time.

Phil

Well I don't think he plans to display i think he will use them but we do have a lot to do and i personally do not know anything about plows he is the country boy (hes the one in the overalls in the photos) i just know enough about blacksmithing that he tells me what to do and i do it so its all up to him he just needs my help on the forging parts and no their are like 3 plows like this and than a few different ones not counting other farm stuff he wants to work on.

Are they being restored for display (if so, why the modern fasteners) or for use in a historic village setting, or for private food plots?

Very nice looking. It would be nice if you can photograph the individual pieces against a clean background (drop cloth) with something for size. You say you have 6 to do, so you can point out the differences as well, or if they are near identical.

Thank you for taking the time.

Phil

also though no he does plan on using them and if they were for display i'm almost sure he would make me make some sort of fastening system on the forge.
Tim