I Forge Iron

Help with buzz box

I need some of you old pipeline welders to help me. I was a pipe welder and general welder in Kodiak in the mid 1970's. Many moons ago since I ran beads. Then we had Lincoln SA200's and a few of the then new Millers. Ran lots of 5P and 6010. Very little low hydrogen rod because everything was rusty!!
So -now I've got a little Century Buzz box. Sliding amperage control which is nice,and Hi and Lo range Voltage taps. Tried running some 6013 today to weld a trailer receptacle under my workbench so I can rig up all sorts of things to stick into it. Looked like dog turds and had no penetration. Should I be running 6011? I know nothing about AC rods and haven't run a bead in a long time but I figured it should be like riding a bike.

Use the 6011 rod 1/8 dia should work fine. 7018 would also be a good choice but you may want to step down the dia and go with 3/32 for this machine and it sounds like an overhead weld so 3/32 would be eaiser to control.
I would stay away from the 6013 unless you want the "dog xxxx" look and little or no penetration

Thanks to all of you! Flood waters have gone down and road cleared so I guess I'll head to town and get some 6011!!! I probably should have done a little "brushing up" and run a few beads too! Thirty years is long enough to forget how to ride a bike!!! thanks again, Eric