I Forge Iron

Greetings from Die Vrystaat

HennieL

Hi Everyone,

Joined the IFI community recently, looking for information on treating a knife steel.

Managed to complete the first blade's hardening this afternoon, and glad to report that all went pretty well :D

Wel,ek wou maar net dag se... Hopefully I will be back with lots of questions...

Hennie

Welkom by die ysterbrigade.

Everything you want to know is on this forum as well as a lot of things you don't want to know but are going to find out eventually.

Nothing better than doing a first good heat treatment.

A more knife related South African Forum is www.sablade.co.za

Contact Samurai Stu and get yourself on the SA Bladesmiths mailing list.

• 2 years later...

Hi oom Hennie.HEHEHEHE het jou eerste posts gesien so dink omdat jy 30 jaar+ my senior is kan ek jou maar so noem.Waar in Bloem is jy en slaan jy nog?

Groete:

Shaun

BASIC GIST:

Hello.

Can call you sir on account you being my senior by 30+years

Where can you be gotten hold of?

Are you still forging.

Hi oom Hennie.HEHEHEHE het jou eerste posts gesien so dink omdat jy 30 jaar+ my senior is kan ek jou maar so noem.Waar in Bloem is jy en slaan jy nog?

Groete:

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

Ek sal maar in Engels antwoord <_<

I mostly make knives by stock removal, but do forge occasionally when forced to (i.e. if I want to make a knife from 52100)

I live in Fichardt Park - send me a PM and I will give you my address and phone number - you're welcome to visit...

I am a member of the Bloemfontein knife maker's club, and we have a few hard-core forgers in the club that I can introduce you to, should you be interested. Our next club meeting is in 2 weeks time, and you're welcome to join us for the evening - let me know.

Regards,

(oom) Hennie