I Forge Iron

Adjustable scrolling fork

Naz

Maybe some one has a picture. The smiths at Colonial Williams Burg have a few adjustable wrenches. On there wrenches the Inside jaw is movable instead of the outside jaw on this one. The inside jaw has a large eye that fits over the main shank of the wrench and there is a wedged key in the back of the eye. The key has two little finger nails that turn up and keep the key from falling out when it is not wedged tight.

I like the idea, new and old. But it dose make my smile the more history I learn the more I learn there is nothing new on the world

The material bent with it would have to be hot and light otherwise it would likely fail, a stout collar around the tube at the stress point would be a good addition. Pretty clever...........

]I agree, might be a nice tool to bring on the job site for last minute adjustements though.

Asking price on ebay ---- $74.00 ----- Ouch !

I built one of those over 20 years ago with a shank to fit in my anvil's hardy hole. It gets almost zero use because a few conventional bending forks will do 99% of what needs to be done. I can think of better things to spend $74 on...

BTW, an old monkey wrench (what many people would use for twisting) makes for a bending fork in a pinch - especially if the sharp jaw corners have been broken a bit.