I Forge Iron

SHOP DOGS !

macbruce

I think It's high time these curs got some respect, I mean who's always there when the phone doesn't ring, you blow a forge weld, you crack you're new ph dies heat treating em, or you get cut on a bid?? On and on......These two Molly and Birdie (a pair to draw to) have calmed me dozens, (well maybe a few) times from the dreaded hammer toss when my temper is about to........They don't cotton to swearing either and slink off when I go profane....That makes me feed bad so I chill my............They revel in the good times as well, like when my pictures get uploaded...........Any others out there?

post-15096-0-79370500-1320978008_thumb.j

Sadie is my shop partner... She was my son Andrews dog and she has been in the shop every day since she was a pup... I find it kind of odd that she doesn't flinch even a bit when you crash a sledge into a steel table and the Nazel puts her to sleep.. But she is scared to death of the vacuum As you can see she is a hard worker

post-2750-0-99013300-1320986485_thumb.jp

These are my girls. They work with me almost everyday. Rosie, the one on the right likes to sit at my feet when I'm running the power hammer... When the $hit hits the fan, she pushes me outside to take them for a walk. Sometimes dogs know whats best! Stella, well, she's afraid of her own shadow. Big noise, crashing movement- she is out on the driveway looking skeptical.

Server error! I guess I don't get to show off my girls...

Since my back is shot to pieces I sit at my inside work bench with a dozen or more dogs laying about me keeping me company while I forge my jewelry and like Monster Metal the only thing that scares them is the vacuum cleaner. Worthless beasts but great company. I have everything from a Great Dane to Pit Bulls to Whippets and a mean as all get out Chihuahua mix. That last one has bitten more people than any of the other 25 dogs that has I have owned in the last twenty years. My wife and I take in the elderly and "worthless" dogs that others abandon in the desert to die. Even the worst dog deserves a decent death rather than being killed by a coyote or run over by a car or dying of thirst and starvation.