I Forge Iron

scribe/scraper

For those of us who know the anguish of breaking a cold saw blade here's a little tip to make a little lemonade from your newly acquired lemon........The remnants of the blade are of course HSS steel and can be made into little scribe/scrapers that are very useful. Use the plaz or grinder to shape and finish and you'll get some good use from em'.

post-15096-0-87533500-1320638233_thumb.j

You picture reminds me of some furniture scrapers my uncle had. He used them to clean out paint from antique furniture that had been painted lumpty dozen times over the years to get down to original wood. He made most of them hisself out of old circular saw blades. He'd grind them to the shape of the trim with a sharp square edge and it would work great with a starch and lye past to remove all those layers of paint. I would make little knifes out of what was left of the saw blade. I would call them "cat disembowelers" and he'd sell them in his shop for $35, big money back in '76 for 3" knife.