I Forge Iron

#500 Sawyers and #140 Wilkinsons

#1 is a 140# "Wilkinsons & Co" anvil that popped up 3 blocks from me on craigslist. pictures make it look swayed but its 100% flat, good ring and rebound with very clean edges. I like the thick waist. Son was selling off his fathers old tools. Cost $200.

#2 I just picked this up the other day. Its a ~500# Band saw truing anvil. 4"x"12"x48" cast steel with a hardened top face. Just building a stand for it now - thought it would be useful in my bladesmithing. Cost - $150. Seller told me he had 2 and one went south into the US.

After these I think my luck has run dry. Any information on the wilkinsons would be appreciated as am not able to find much.

Cheers,

Klammer

WilkinsonsandCoanvil.jpg

sawanvil.jpg

got lucky that the seller had a overhead hoist to get it in the truck, and my neighbor has a tractor we could hitch it to the bucket. I am taking tomorrow off to make it a stand from 3" angle. getting it in the shop and on the stand will be the interesting part :)