I Forge Iron

Fire Pot in a Rivet Table

billp

Will after long time of thought and debate I finly did it and put a fire pot in my rivet table forge. Now it may not be a pretty as several I have seen on here but I do think it will do the trick. I want get my supply of coal in till sometime next week so will have to wait till then to see just how well it does work.
But I made a pot just about like it I put in my big forge a few weeks ago and it works really great. The only difference is this one is a bit smaller and it does not have a clinker breaker. I just did not have enough room, but if it looks like I will realy need one I'll go back and redo it.
Take a look and see what you think.
billp

post-7651-0-52083500-1319774159_thumb.jp

post-7651-0-13182300-1319774193_thumb.jp

post-7651-0-32819200-1319774227_thumb.jp

post-7651-0-14777000-1319774264_thumb.jp

Thanks guys
No, I worked without a clinker breaker before in my home forge till I replaced that fire pot. So working without one again is no big deal. I took the grate off the table I had to buy to replace one that was missing when I bought it. I modified it to fit in the bottom of this pot so that should work for now. Besides I will only be using this for demos and things like that. I have one next weekend at a friends farm where there will be, we hope, over 500 Boy and Girl Scouts. We will be showing how things were done way back in the day. I'll be making a fire pit set up for my friend so he can hang a pot or two over the fire when he has get to gathers.

I don't think I'll ever try a hood on my forge but I do like yours Ten Hammers and yes it does look a little like yours.

Oh and Mark I like the <>< beside your name I'm with you on that.
billp