I Forge Iron

it is possible i may be able to purchase a self contained PNEUMATIC hammer, the like of which i havent seen in all my short -massey dominated- years. it would appear to be around the 3cwt range (judging by the tup size) and the (oval) manufacturers plate has been removed by some recent 'souvenierer' the only plate left states
"WHEN ORDERING SPARE
PARTS AND RENEWALS
QUOTE NO- 3193
TELEGRAMS, HAMMERS BAMBER BRIDGE
TELEPHONE, 21 BAMBER BRIDGE "

it has no casting of any manufacturers name in it....

I HAVE ONLY SEEN IT AT NIGHT, BUT IT WAS WORKING LAST YEAR AS FAR AS I KNOW.
i will endeavour to get some photos up, but if anyone knows this plate, and who would have manufactured/supplied in the bamber bridge area.
it is a long way from its original home!
it also has a very strange -muffler???- suspended vertically above it from between the cyclinders. i originally thought it must be a steam hammer...but it has a (caged) belt drive, and two cylinders.
any info is great! and of course in due time pictures will be forthcoming, but i intend to offer scrap prices for it tomorrow:)
woody.

ok, after some well placed googling, which led me back to this wonderful forum again, i believe it to be a 3cwt pilkington/alldays and onions hammer.
a piece of advice from the knowledgeable please..... would i be better going for a 5cwt massey, or this hammer, considering future repairs may be nessesary.... i dont have the money for both, even if they were both at scrap prices...;) which is possible.
and could the 3cwt be run on single phase power?