I Forge Iron

Another new guy!

Vernon

Howdy Vernon.
Welcome to the forum! There are several guilds in Virginia that are all over and can offer you a lot of help. I am lucky to be the president for the Blacksmith Guild of Virginia, and members of several other great guilds around. If you visit Blacksmith Guild of Viriginia - Home and go to the links page I have a listing of some of the guilds in the area. I encourage you to join a few of them.

Our guild will be meeting this Saturday in Amelia Virginia. And the demo will be focusing on some of the basic fundamentals in the forge from layout to basic projects that help practice good habits! More Info is on the site. You are more than welcome to come by! :-) I hope to see you!

Please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help you!

Peyton Anderson

No, I'm not a member of any of the guilds yet, but I see that the Tidewater Blacksmith's Guild is in Virginia Beach, which is great, I'm in Chesapeake!

Anyway, while I've had an INTEREST in smithing for most of my life, I've never had a chance to do more than a little playing, and reading. I'm a macinist by trade (and hobby), but that is the closest I've been able to get to smithing, so far.

I rescued a little anvil from the scrap pile (!) at work, maybe that'll help me get started.

56lbs, nothing left on the tag but a ghost of a border around whatever text was there. The whole thing, other than the face, is covered by a thin layer of a Bondo-like substance...I can't imagine anything other than a cheap anvil being dressed up like that.Maybe it's a good tool, maybe it's an ASO, but the price was right. :D