I Forge Iron

First anvil

Here is an anvil I picked up recently. It is a 160# Fisher. My research shows it was made in 1942. Is there any meaning to the 'D' and hash marks on the base?

anvil1.jpg
anvil456523576.jpg
anvil4534523.jpg
anvil344.jpg

So far I have just made a fork with it. I'm waiting for a forge and to finish setting up my shop area before any bigger projects.
fork1.jpg

Nice looking Fisher, cast iron body, tool steel face. I have a 300# Fisher, real quiet to work on, nice rebound too. You may want to take a file to those edges and but a small radius on the edges. I find a file works better than a grinder. With a file you almost never take too much of, whereas with an electric grinder you can go to far in a heart beat. Really a great find, enjoy that one a life time. :D
I can't quite read it but what is the weight? It' there on the right foot.

Sweet. Last time I saw an anvil that crisp was when I almost tripped over one lying on the floor of a hardware store in Machias N.Y. about 20 years ago. It had the number "144" chalked on it and was brand spanking new. Yours looks to be, well, brand spanking new! Congrats.