I Forge Iron

Hi Ya'll

D.Bernard

New to this site so I guess I ought to into myself. Resideing in Broussard, Loisiana in the middle of Cajun country, an architect by profession, I come from a long line of people who loved to work with our hands. I was always under foot in my grandpa's shop, cutting, banging and filing out crude knives, arrow heads etc. Started smithing about 8 years ago, my son took it up shortly after and we have enjoyed countless hours over our anvils banging on hot steel. The more I learn the more I see there is to learn. So much to learn, so little time. Hope I can learn a bit here as well as contribute what I can.

D.Bernard, welcome to this site/forum.
Sounds like your background makes it just about a natural event that you would wind up here. This site operates two ways as maybe you have perceived.
It gives out a lot of information, and is willing to receive any contribution of information you are willing to part with.
Most of us receive more than we can possibly give back. I hope you find it useful for you and yours.
Glenn loves it when people send in BLUEPRINTS. Hint, hint!
Be safe, be safe!
Ted