I Forge Iron

I need some Hay Budden dimensions!

I have a lead on a Hay Budden, and from the pictures it looks big...Can somebody compare these dimensions to your large HB so I can get an idea of its' size? It is a long drive for me (500 miles) but I don't have anything planned for the Memorial Day Weekend. It's 38" long and 5" wide...he gave me a number for the height, but he measured the base too, so it's not a valid number.
For comparison, my 200# HB is 29.5" lomg and 4.5 inches wide.
Thanks!

Well, nevermind...I bought it. It's actually 5 1/2" wide and 15" tall... It's a 500 mile drive each way, but I need a break from my remodel this weekend. Comes with a factory base. I'm guessing about 425 pounds without the base. He was going to repaint it for me...father had it for 50+ years. Given its' location, it might be ex-Southern Pacific Railroad. Pictures next week.

That is a rough guide it is probably an arbitrary weight some where in that range. Its hard to forge something with open dies and get it to an exact weight. Especially with loss to scaling machining the face and drilling and punching the holes. They say in the catalog it is hard to get an anvil to an exact weight but they could hold dimensions .

Well, it's home. I'll post some pictures later when I get the piggy out of the truck. Drove through a unseasonable white-out California snowstorm bringing it back. I beat some of the paint off of the side of the anvil to reveal the weight, but there are no markings in that area whatsoever. Doesn't appear to be a serial number on the foot, either.
It certainly appears to be a Hay Budden. When I first learned off the anvil, its size, and the fact that it was located in the north Lake Tahoe area, I suspected the anvil was once the property of the Southern Pacific Railroad, which ran through nearby Truckee. It would be difficult getting this large of a chunk of metal up to the 8,000 ft. elevation in a wagon- possible, but difficult. When I was beating the pretty white latex paint off yesterday, I found green paint underneath. The SP railroad used the same color on all of their "maintenance of way" equipment, which further reinforced my suspicions of its origins.
But I am really puzzled by the lack of markings on the anvil, and I wonder if the anvil was made by the railroad itself, using another Hay Budden as a pattern. The machine shops used to maintain the steam locomotives were massive and capable, with the ability to build large, forged parts from scratch...an anvil wouldn't be too large of an order.
I have been putting off purchasing Mr. Postman's book, but now I believe it is a necessity.
Happy Memorial Day, and thank you, Veterans, for giving us the greatest place to live in the world.